The Level 3 Award in HACCP in Manufacturing qualification is designed to ensure candidates develop the required knowledge and practical skills to implement a HACCP plan in their workplace.
– To understand the importance of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point based food safety management procedures
– To appreciate the need for food businesses to take a proactive approach to analysing potential food hazards.
– To be able to develop a Codex/BRI standard HACCP plan;
* To identify the preliminary processes for HACCP based procedures
* Correct hazard analysis and identification of critical control points
* Understand how critical control points can be monitored and the corrective actions that must be carried out
* Understand the meaning and elements of verification
* Understand the need for accurate documentation and record keeping
Duration; 2 day classroom course.
Exam/Assessment; delegates produce their own Codex-compliant HACCP plan under our supervision, within an agreed time period after the course. This course is Ofqual accredited.
Cost; £395 plus VAT includes notes, refreshments, lunch, the assessment & certification fees
Awarding Body; Highfield Awarding Body of Compliance
Tutor; Richard Mills
Differentiation; as a minimum, Level 2 Award in Food Safety or equivalent is strongly recommended. Candidates must also have an understanding and background in a food manufacturing setting. An ability to access and use a computer for writing and emailing course work is essential.
Audience; All managers, supervisors and QA/QC staff from any food manufacturing businesses, who are responsible for the development of a food safety management system based on the Codex principles of HACCP.
Feedback; “This is a good experience. I like it. Especially, your analysis of my HACCP document is – I admit, spot on. I appreciate your patience and above all professionalism. Your approach to training encourages trainees understand HACCP in a practical sense and apply it in practice, which I feel right and meaningful.” Bernard Fernando, Quality Manager, Broadland Wineries, Cawston